What We Do
Group 1.6 Architects delivers a wide range of services for commercial, residential and preservation projects of various scopes and sizes.
- Master planning: planning for future growth
- Due diligence and feasibility studies and needs assessment: assessing the compliance, conditions and potential costs of existing buildings
- New Building and site design
- Adaptive reuse design of existing buildings
- Design of interior build-outs
- Historic preservation services, documentation and remediation of historic structures
- Construction observation services
Design / Build
"Design/Build" is a method of project delivery in which one entity, the design-build team, works together with the client to provide design and construction services. "Design/build" is an alternative to the traditional "Design/Bid/Build" project delivery method.
Design / Bid / Build
"Design/Bid/Build" also known as "Design/Tender", is a project delivery method in which the client contracts separately for design and construction services. "Design/Bid/Build" is the traditional method for project delivery, as the client initially hires a design team to produce construction documents that are then released to a field of bidders who compete to offer the lowest cost for the work depicted in the construction documents.